- Applicants must be an affiliated and contributing organization with the California Southern Baptist Convention (CSBC).
- Applicants must be a current financial contributor to the Cooperative Program of the CSBC. The sponsoring churches of Ministries making application must also be a current financial contributor to the Cooperative Program of the CSBC.
- Applicants may only receive two grants per calendar year.
- Applicants must agree to submit an outcome report to SoCal within 30 days of the conclusion of the program or project. Recipients failing to submit an outcome report will not be eligible for future funding without review.
- First time applicants are given priority in application consideration.
- Event cannot take place before the date of the Board Meeting at which the application is considered.
SoCal DOES fund projects and events that focus on the following five areas:
- Evangelistic Outreach
- Ministry Outreach
- Disaster Relief Efforts
- Hunger Relief Efforts
SoCal DOES NOT fund general budget needs such as:
- General Budget Support or Unrestricted Funds
- Capital Improvements
- Debt Relief
Grant Applications are considered four times per year and may be submitted any time prior to the following deadlines:
- Due January 15
- Board Meeting Date February 23
- Due April 15
- Board Meeting Date May 11
- Due July 19
- Board Meeting Date August 24
- Due October 11
- Board Meeting Date November 9
(Awarded applicants are notified at the latest, two days after the Board Meeting by the President of the SoCal Baptist Ministries.)